Finished!! I’m all moved out, and moved back in…sorta. All my belongings are still scattered around the house, but there are reasons for my chaotic ways. Next week, I am repainting my bedroom, and rearranging things around, so there is no point in loading everything into my small room when I’ll have to move it all back out. So, it’s sitting in my living room, and that’s where it’s going to be sitting until I can paint and what not.
The move out process was an adventure. My parents called me at 5 a.m. (6 a.m. their time) and asked when they should leave for Chicago, because I was going to have a Resident Advisor check my room out at 10 a.m. So, I told them they should leave and aim to be at my place around 9 my time. However, because I obviously don’t know what I’m talking about (That’s sarcasm), my parents show up at 8 a.m., find that I am all packed and ready to load everything into the car (Which took a whole 15 minutes), and then get really mad that they have to sit there for an hour and 45 minutes because it’s not time to get checked out yet.
So, we go to breakfast and eat some really, really, really awesome bacon waffles and eggs. This entire time, my mom talks about how she wants to leave because she has to get to the racetrack (my mom is a racecar owner, she likes to push that fact around, and racing sometimes is more important than family events or being there for her kids). Finally, I get checked out and we get in the car and head back to Indiana. I wave goodbye to Chicago, and then the fun really starts.
My mom is a stressful person. She, in Chicago traffic, shakes like a drug addict, hold on to her seat belt for dear life or even sometimes covers her eyes. Not only is this embarrassing to watch and say “I am the child of this,” it is also very stupid and overly dramatic. So, I yell at her, she yells back, I tell her to freaking calm down, and she says not to tell her what to do, and then I take a nap so I don’t have to deal with it. Boy, I really missed family car rides (more sarcasm).
So that about sums up my moving out experience. I could add some small details of some really annoying things that happened, but I really wanted to get to my guilty pleasure.
Drumroll please, Ladies and Gentleman, I give you my….Guilty pleasures!! *The crowd goes wild!*
- I like to make people mad. If I am in the wrong mood at the wrong time, I can be a really mean person if someone is talking to me at that wrong time during that wrong mood. My “emotion release valve”, the lever I pull to get rid of that wrong mood, is to be the biggest A-hole I can be just so that person will stop talking to me and leave me alone. I think this is a normal thing that everyone does when they’re in a bad mood, but what isn’t normal is the fact that I really, really enjoy doing this.
- I often look at other people’s avatars, if they are male avs, and wonder why I can’t look as good as them. I have a few guy friends that I am constantly looking at and wishing I had the fashion knowledge they had. The friends that know all the secret stores that make the really awesome mesh clothes and accessories are the ones that really make me jealous. My other friends always tell me that I am a nice, put-together avatar that knows about fashion, but in my head, I just know the popular stores and I buy the right colors. That’s about it.
- Like Eshe, I am also a Roleplayer. A roleplay sim is actually where I met Eshe. Also like her, I like to get deep into it, even to administrative roles. Though I’ve never been an admin for a RP sim, it’s something I have always wanted to do and try, and the times that I applied for an admin and didn’t get it were some of my saddest times on SL. I don’t know what it is about those roles, or what skills I could even offer to the admin teams, but that’s where I want to be one day. Who knows, maybe it will happen one day.
- I’m never happy with hair in second life. I have yet to find that one store that I’m like “They make the best hair! All my hair is from there because its so awesome!”… Sure, I know the popular stores, and I know some good hairs from random places, but I have yet to find that one hair in SL that I just must buy every color of, and wear it every day.
- My biggest pet peeve is the use of a lot and alot. I understand that people are often too lazy to put a space between the letters, but for some reason this really bothers me. Thanks to this blog – http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html – I now picture a furry beast whenever someone says alot. If you say, “This food is something I eat alot,” I picture you holding your plate away from the creature like you would hold it away from a dog that wants some. The Alot wants some of your food, but it’s something you eat, not made for Alots.
- Here is a picture of an Alot if you were too lazy to click the link above.
I was too lazy to take a picture today, and I also didn’t want to write where all my stuff was from, so just use your imagination to see what I look like today. And enjoy this picture of potato instead.
Music of the day : Against all Odds – Phil Collins (Stole this idea from Dee)